Bruce's Site List
Web sites that help keep pace of corporate greening
- 100 Most Sustainable Corporations Corporate Knights, the magazine for clean capitalism, announced its annual Global 100 list of the most sustainable large corporations in the world. The Global 100 includes companies encompassing all sectors of the economy, with collective annual sales in excess of $3 trillion, and five million employees.
- culpwrit.com Ron Culp, who has served as public relations director at some of the most innovative corporations, and been political adviser and press secretary in some of the nation's most rigorous campaigns, blogs about insights and direction for individuals pursuing careers in corporate and environmental public relations.
- Chloregy Green Leadership, News and Thought. Up-to-date and newsy feed of "green and corporate social responsibility news". Top of page features rolling headlines on relevant business issues. Categories of news — business/economy, politics, environment, philanthropy, awards — are easy to scan. I like their "recent blogs" stack and sometimes find an event of interest in their events stack.
- Blog: Green Inc. (The New York Times) How will the pressures of climate change, limited fossil fuel resources and the mainstreaming of "green" consciousness reshape society? This is one of many Times-selected blog topics related to business. You may also find useful the "blog list" on this site.
- Tree Hugger This one-stop shop for green news, solutions, and product information offers scores of tips on how to reduce environmental footprints while not radically changing lifestyle. Ranks among the top 20 blogs in traffic worldwide. Marian Hopkins, who runs sustainability and environmental affairs at the Business Roundtable, is a regular contributor — giving access to the Roundtable's programs and views.
- World Environment Center An international advocate for corporate sustainability, headquartered in Washington, DC. Terry F. Yosie, PhD, is chief executive officer.
- Business Social Responsibility (BSR) BSR has more than a decade of experience working with companies to understand, plan, implement and account for their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) performance
- Grist Grist, which bills itself in its typical ironic style as "a beacon in the smog", cuts through the daily run of green news with incisive interpretations. Originally aimed at the environmental community, Grist now has, and acknowledges, the broadening interest among companies, government and green-aware individuals. I like its honesty and sense of humor.
- Environmental Leader Environmental Leader asks to be known as "the executive's daily green briefing" — and that focus, on business readers, is clear and helpful. I find its content buttons — such as Policy & Law — useful, easy to use and up to date. If your company wants to showcase green strategies, achievements and products, consider this site. You may find its commercialization heavy, but the site's perspective is content-strong and well presented. I understand they work with company clients to get it done right.
- Taking Care of Business by Joel Makower Happy Earth Day. This special edition of GreenBuzz features two noteworthy pieces written by the GreenBiz.com editorial team: How companies are celebrating Earth Day — and how they're using it as a marketing hook. We hope you'll find both enlightening (and little entertaining).