in the news
corporate sustainability sites
activists, think tanks, et al
green sites, blogs
Activists, Think Tanks, et al
- Live Campus.org is a national student-led initiative that aims to increase the level of global consciousness and citizenship by raising funds for established and effective organizations focused in ending extreme global poverty. Similar to Live Earth and Live 8, this ambitious fundraiser on behalf of the Millennium Campus Network (MCN) is a national student coalition committed to promoting sustainable international development.
- Our mission is to harness economic power — the strength of consumers, investors and businesses — to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
- CorpWatch investigates and exposes corporate violations of human rights, environmental crimes, fraud and corruption around the world, and works to foster global justice, independent media activism and democratic control over corporations.
- The Stop Global Warming Virtual March is a non-political effort bringing Americans together to declare that global warming is here now and its time to act.
- This site provides policymakers, the media, and the public with a monitoring tool that captures the complexity of the fast evolving world of NGOs and a multiplicity of issues in an effort to bring accountability to the NGO sector.
- At the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, 14 senior business leaders called for business engagement to strengthen public governance. The report, issued by BSR and WEF, in association with Harvard, AccountAbility and IBLF, sets out a call for stronger public governance frameworks and institutions as a core element of their approach to corporate citizenship.
- Global Warming Facts
- The way we serve as catalysts for change, especially in areas of critical need: global warming and global security and economic change and science policy and regenerative medicine.
- LiveNeutral is a grassroots, nonprofit organization that enables people to stop global warming. Founded in the summer of 2005, LiveNeutral is a community enterprise of the San Francisco-based Presidio School of Management. When you join LiveNeutral, you join a collaborative, nationwide effort.
- Advancing liberty, from the economy to ecology.
- The American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research is a private, nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution dedicated to research and education on issues of government, politics, economics, and social welfare.
- The Roundtable is committed to advocating public policies that ensure vigorous economic growth, a dynamic global economy, and the well-trained and productive U.S. workforce essential for future competitiveness.
- The NAMs Energy & Resources Policy Department provides NAM members with information, policy coordination and advocacy with respect to non-tax federal issues affecting energy, the environment and natural resources.
- The Environmental Law Institute provides information services, advice, publications, training courses, seminars, research programs and policy recommendations to engage and empower environmental leaders the world over. ELIs audience is leading environmental professionals in government, industry, public interest groups and academia.